The best cats food contain a high content of meat, they are naturally carnivores, so its meat they crave and need. Weruva Company produces Weruva Cat Food; the products are mostly moist raw natural cat food and look like actual food.
They have essential cat nutrients with ingredients like tuna making it taste excellent for cats, that’s why it’s very popular with cats. In this article, I will review Weruva cat food and explain more about this cat food product.
This is what I look for in cat food products
I am very picky for my pets; I like it when they enjoy their food and with the list of discomfort. So when picking food products, I look at specifics things. Here they are:
- The majority of its ingredients should be made up of proteins, this meaning that it should be red or white meat and most preferably organic meat.
- The food shouldn’t contain by-products like soy, corn and other fillers; some cats are allergic to this stuff.
- The food shouldn’t contain grain “rice, wheat gluten or bail, etc.”; cats don’t digest carbs well.
- There shouldn’t be carrageenan in the cat’s food.
The major question about cat food is what does it do to your kitty’s tummy? What are the long and short-term health effects? And does your cat like its taste and the product as a whole?
Weruva Cat Food Review
- Weruva Cat Food Review
- Ingredients in Weruva Cat Food and Products They Offer
- Truluxe Canned Food with Main Ingredients:
- Cats in the Kitchen Cans and Pouches with Main Ingredients:
- Wet or Original Canned Food Ingredients:
- Best Feline Friend Cans and Pouches:
- Weruva for Urinary Tract and Kidney Issues
- Pros and Cons of Weruva Cat Food
- Common FAQ’s
- Does Weruva cat food have recalls?
- Does Weruva Cat Food Trigger Allergies?
- Weruva cat food Rating?
- Can cats eat Weruva dog food and still be fine?
Facts about Weruva cat food:
Weruva was founded by Stacie and David Forman initially to create high-quality food for their cats. It later grew into a business which now has a line of Weruva dog food products. Its headquarters are in Massachusetts.
Weruva is all made in a human food facility. It is 100% natural so it’s fit for human consumption even when kitty vitamins and labels added. There are products for every type of cat and standard of living like BFF (Best Feline Friend) which is Weruva entry price level food.products like Truluxe line which is a more expensive type. Generally, many people consider Weruva to be an expensive product for cat food.
There are also products like Truluxe line which is a more expensive type. Generally, many people consider Weruva to be an expensive product for cat food.
What the company does is try to mimic what cats hunt in the wild and put it in Weruva cat food i.e. like birds or mice with around 70% moisture. Weruva is about 80-85 % humidity and high protein levels just like in mice and birds.
Ingredients in Weruva Cat Food and Products They Offer
Many of Weruva processes and components that are used by Weruva are the same used by humans. There is a base protein of beef, fish, and chicken which includes top quality muscle meat e.g. whole tuna loins, white breast chicken and cuts of beef. However many of the formula’s ingredients are seafood-based e.g. mussels, shrimp, tuna, and calamari.
Most Weruva products are also grain free. They do not have artificial additives in them and are also low in quality fillers. Weruva states that they use a carefully formulated recipe to deliver compete for balanced nutrition. Their different ingredients in various products; potato, pumpkins, sunflower seed oil, Tricalcium Phosphate, carrots, turkey or Xanthan Gum, but as usual the main ones are beef, chicken, and fish.
There are different ingredients in various products; potato, pumpkins, sunflower seed oil, Tricalcium Phosphate, carrots, turkey or Xanthan Gum, but as usual, the main ones are beef, chicken, and fish.
When it comes to goods and recipes, Weruva has four different lines of products. The different products types are unique regarding recipe formula and formulation; hence, they end up having different pricing. They come in pouches or cans. The differences help reduce price points for some cat owners and thus enable them to have high-quality products for their cats. The products lines are
The products lines are wet /original canned cat food, cats in the kitchen canned food, cats in the kitchen pouches, Truluxe canned food and a new product line known of BFF “Best Feline Friend” in cans and pouches
Here are the different ingredients in the different product lines:
Truluxe Canned Food with Main Ingredients:
- Kawa Booty– Tuna, Potato Starch, Sunflower Seed Oil “SSO,” Tricalcium Phosphate and Water
- Meow Me a River- Basa, SSO, Tricalcium Phosphate, Fish Broth and Xanthan Gum
- * Peking Ducken- Potato Starch, Pumpkin, Starch, Boneless Chicken and Duck
- Mediterranean Harvest- Tuna, Potatoes, Peas, Tomatoes and Water
- * On the Cat Wok- Boneless Chicken, Beef, Pumpkin, Potato Starch and Water
- Glam ‘N Punk– Tuna, Lamp, Boneless Duck, Sunflower Seed Oil and Water
- Steak Frites- Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Pumpkin, Beef and Water
- Quick ‘N Quirky- Boneless Chicken, SSO, Turkey, Tricalcium Phosphate and Chicken Broth
- Pretty in Pink- Fish Broth, Xanthan Gum, Tricalcium, Sunflower Seed Oil, and Salmon
- Honor Roll- Fish Broth, Xanthan Gum, Tricalcium Phosphate, SSO and Saba
Cats in the Kitchen Cans and Pouches with Main Ingredients:
- *Chicken Frick ‘A Zee “Canned”-Chicken Broth, Chicken, Locust Bean Gum, Sunflower Seed and Tricalcium Phosphate
- Mack, Jack, and Sam “Pouches”-Water, Tuna, Salmon, Mackerel, and Tapioca Starch
- Pumpkin Jack Splash “Pouches”- Tuna, Water, Pumpkin, Tapioca Starch And Sunflower Seed Oil
- Kitty Gone Wild “Canned”- Tuna, Fish Broth, Sardines, Mackerel, and Salmon
- Splash Dance “Canned”- Locust Bean Gum, Tuna, Ocean Fish, Chicken Broth and Boneless Chicken
- *Pumpkin Licking Chicken “Pouches”- Pumpkin, Water, Chicken, Tapioca Starch and Sunflower Seed Oil
- The Double Dip “Canned”- Beef, Locust Bean Gum, Beef Lung, Chicken and Chicken Broth.
- One If By Land, Two If By Sea “Pouches”- Water, Beef, Tuna, Tapioca Starch and Salmon
- *Chick Magnet “Pouches”- Sunflower Seed Oil, Water, Chicken, Mackerel, and Tapioca Starch
- Fowl Ball “Canned”- Chicken, Chicken Broth, Turkey, Locust Bean Gum and Locust Seed Oil
- Funk in The Trunk “Canned”-Tuna, Pumpkin, Boneless Chicken Broth, And Sunflower Seed Oil
- *Two Tu Tango “Canned”- Fish Broth, Tuna, Sardines, Turkey, Sunflower Seed Oil
- Love Me Tender “Pouches”- Tuna, Chicken, Water, Duck, and Tapioca Starch
- La Isla Bonita “Canned”- Shrimp, Mackerel, Fish Broth, Mackerel and Locust Bean Gum
- Lamb Burgini “Canned”-Lamb, Lamb Lung, Tuna and Locust Bean Gum
- Goldie Lox “Canned”- Boneless Chicken, Tuna, Salmon and Sunflower
Wet or Original Canned Food Ingredients:
- *Paw Licking Chicken – Boneless Chicken, Potato Starch, Sunflower Seed Oil, Water, and Dicalcium Phosphate And
- Outback Grill –Sardines, Barramundi, Trevally, Sunflower Seed Oil and Water
- Polynesian BBQ – Tuna, Red Bigeye, Water, Sardines and Sunflower Seed Oil
- Asian Fusion –Tuna, Water, Shirasu, Locust and Bean Gum
- Mack and Jack-Tuna, Skipjack, Sunflower Seed Oil, Mackerel Flakes and Water
- Mideast Feast- Tuna, Tilapia, Potato Starch, Water and Sunflower Seed Oil
- *Nine Liver– Boneless Chicken, Chicken Liver, Sunflower Seed Oil, Potato Starch and Water
- Funky Chunky Chicken Soup-Boneless Chicken, Carrots, Pumpkin, Peas and Water
- Marbella Paella- Mussel, Shrimp, Mackerel Flakes, Calamari and Water
- Green Eggs and Chicken –Boneless Chicken, Water, Eggs, Peas, and Potato
- Grandma’s Chicken Soup – Boneless Chicken, Water, Peas, Pumpkin, and Carrots
- Meow Luau – Mackerel, Pumpkin, Water, Potato Starch, and Sunflower Seed Oil
Best Feline Friend Cans and Pouches:
For BFF the ingredients always comprise of Tuna, and because the product is new, there are very few products I know of Tuna and Chicken Charm Me.
“*” means the top rated under each category. Weruva also offers some supplements and treats; Treats like Blue Water Whitefish and Paw Lickin Chicken plus Supplements like Pumpkin.
Weruva Company tries to clarify that it gets no ingredients from China. Weruva can come in cases of different individual flavor so that your cat can supply the different varieties and find out the one it like most. Remember that Weruva doesn’t market or produce dry cat food.
Weruva for Urinary Tract and Kidney Issues
With high moisture, high-quality protein, low sodium, and phosphorus Weruva are awesome for cats with kidney issues. Low sodium and phosphorus help maintain electrolyte balance, high moisture keeps the toxins diluted and high-quality protein produces less harmful toxins.
Pros and Cons of Weruva Cat Food
- Weruva cat food meets protein requirement
- Meets fat level requirements in cat food
- Have no by-products, its BPA free and has low calories
- It has magnificently balanced nutrition
- Meets taurine requirements.
- It has an excellent score in mineral levels according to AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials). The mineral is sodium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium.
- It doesn’t look like a mystery dish it looks like actual food.
- It has high-quality products with many varieties to choose from especially for picky cats.
- Some varieties of Weruva cat food have carrageenan and guar gum; however, many Weruva cat food products lack these ingredients.
- Weruva cat food is a little pricey; however, the thing is that none goes to waste.
Does Weruva cat food have recalls?
According to FDA pet food recall website, Weruva doesn’t have any recalls recently, this reflects that they follow rules and produce safe standard quality cat food products; even though it’s produced outside the USA.
Does Weruva Cat Food Trigger Allergies?
Weruva doesn’t trigger allergies; it doesn’t have corn, rice or wheat which are ingredients cats can be allergic to. But some cats are allergic to different protein so first check the ingredient list and see which product type of Weruva you can use.
Weruva cat food Rating?
When it comes to cat food there are a lot of companies that have canned natural cat food that offer great categories but what does Weruva offer that other cat foods don’t.
The Weruva diet is low in calories and all natural; so after reviewing user ratings and feeding the food to my cat, I can give Weruva a 4.5 out of 5 rating. You can try it for your cat and see.
Can cats eat Weruva dog food and still be fine?
It is okay if they eat Weruva dog food and also the other way round, remember that humans also can eat it with no issues. However, it should not be an everyday meal to the cats.
As the founders set out to produce quality food for their three cats hence the name Weruva, it’s still what they do now but on a larger commercial scale.
Even if you have been feeding your cat dry food it’s good to add some moist canned food like Weruva cat food to its diet on a weekly basis. This article’s content was not influenced by Weruva, so Weruva isn’t responsible.